Nate loves the mild, comforting Italian flavors in this dish, and it couldn’t be easier to put together! Canned olives and tomatoes mean virtually no prep work, making this a great weeknight go-to.
Makes 4 servings. | 30 minutes | Nutrition Info
- 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1/2 lb green beans, fresh or frozen, cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces (optional)
- Several handfuls fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup kalamata or black olives, halved
- 1 1/3 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup feta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, optional
Heat the oil in a large skillet or pot over medium heat. Add the chicken, salt, and pepper, and saute for about 5 minutes.
Add the onion and garlic to the pot and saute until the onion is soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, olives, chickpeas, and green beans. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked and the green beans are tender.
To serve, add a large handful or two of fresh spinach to the bottom of individual serving bowls. Scoop in a serving of the chicken and veggies; the heat from the chicken and veggie mixture will wilt the spinach slightly. Sprinkle generously with feta and enjoy!